CDE: how do I change the welcome images?

CDE: how do I change the welcome images?

Post by Christian Hermansso » Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:27:17

Hi,

Anyone who knows how to replace the welcome image that is
shown during the startup of CDE?

I'm running CDE on Solaris 2.6 5/98 and I have found the
original images in the directory /usr/openwin/server/etc.
It works when I replace the original images with new ones
but I want to do it in a more controled way (e.g add or
change a script).

Regard,

//Christian Hermansson

Post by Chuck Dillo » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 00:35:06

> Hi,

> Anyone who knows how to replace the welcome image that is
> shown during the startup of CDE?

> I'm running CDE on Solaris 2.6 5/98 and I have found the
> original images in the directory /usr/openwin/server/etc.
> It works when I replace the original images with new ones
> but I want to do it in a more controled way (e.g add or
> change a script).

You might want to direct your CDE questions to comp.unix.cde
and see their FAQ http://www.laxmi.net/cde.htm.

-- ced

--
Chuck Dillon
Senior Software Engineer

1. CDE: how do I change the welcome images?

Hi,

Anyone who knows how to replace the welcome image that is shown
during the startup of CDE?

I'm running CDE on Solaris 2.6 5/98 and I have found the original
images in the directory /usr/openwin/server/etc. It works when
I replace the original images with new ones but I want to do it
in a more controled way (e.g add or change a script).

Regard,

//Christian Hermansson

2. Cannot upload to ftp server

3. How to change BackGround Image in CDE ?

4. Isn't it about time for newsgroups specifically for X86 and Sparcs?

5. How to change background image in CDE

6. mmdf, not local host error

7. Image viewer that will auto refresh when image changes

8. idle deamon for PPP server

9. (i740) Image size changes with image darkness.

10. CDE, CDE, CDE, --- !@#%^*_(!#$

11. How can i replace Logon and Password Text (not welcome text) in CDE Banner ?

12. CDE hangs at "welcome" after 2.5.1 rec patch install

13. How can I replace the Sol2.6 CDE "Welcome to Solaris" im8 file?