aliases, aliases, aliases...

Post by The Beyond » Thu, 10 Feb 1994 00:57:43

Hey everyone,
    I was just wondering if anyone out there would be kind enough to
lend some advice on what the best alias management procedure is
available for distributed mail servers on a WAN with one single
Internet connection.  There has been talk about NIS/NIS+ and rdist.
But how about RCS or maybe others that someone might strongly
recommend.  Any ideas or tips?

Thanks for the help,
John

---------------------
Trident Data Systems

1. script alias problem - Re: apache alias and script alias problem

I actually did not have the <Directory> setup properly.

I am still having a problem with the script alias.

For example.

I set an alias -

Alias / /home/user1/html/

and a Script Alias -
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/user/cgi-bin/

However the script alias is not working because the log shows that
when entering:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/

/home/user/html/cgi-bin/ is actually being referenced.

When I remove the first Alias statement the cgi-bin script directory
is properly aliased.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

---
Andrew

Please remove TOREMOVE chars to e-mail me

2. sitelist.txt

3. listing aliases w/o /etc/aliases

4. Wrote audio CD -- Only Windows can play it it

5. SB Live Value...alias char-major-14 is alias'd twice ???

6. Printing from Netscape to lpd server on NT

7. sendmail: unknown member map aliases.aliases

8. Mouse cursor a little off With Diamond 64

9. gethostbyname() on alias doesn't give other entries with same alias?

10. Aliases not Aliasing

11. Switch map aliases: unknown member map aliases.dns

12. MMDF & alias tables (mailing list) alias.list FORMAT

13. Abusing alias: How to use argv in the alias?