Using lfu

Post by David Lawrence Oppenheim » Wed, 08 Feb 1995 23:55:38

I recently picked up the program lfu from the net, and plan to start using
it (instead of rdist) to keep some NFS-mounted files on my machine in sync
with copies on local disk. (Actually, about 750 MB of files.) Until now I
had been using rdist.

The lfu man page explains the syntax of the lfu command files pretty clearly,
but does not provide any example command files. I was wondering if anyone who
is using lfu might be able to send me a sample command file, perhaps the one
they are using to do their own file synchronization.

Thanks very much for any help.

David Oppenheimer

Using lfu

Post by Anupam So » Fri, 17 Feb 1995 15:18:12

---

Anupam Sood                                   Tel: 65 - 772 0429
Information Technology Institute              Fax: 65 - 779 5966

71 Science Park, Singapore 0511

hi
        We have recently purchased couple of IBM Jukeboxes.
        3995 Optical Library Subsystem - models A63 -> 1 optical drive
        and 16 optical disks ( OD's )

        The device drivers for the jukeboxes are also there

crw-rw-rw-   1 root     system    23,  0 Jan 26 11:49 ribmjb0
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     system    23,  1 Jan 26 11:49 ribmjb1

        i also have the necessary structures to manipluate or move the OD's
        in the jukebox.

        AIX pictoria 2 3 004133887500

        Here comes my problem

i move the OD to the optical drive and want to mount the OD as
a file system.

Anybody out there has any idea of how it can be done ?

        because on SUN ( using Pinnacle jukeboxes ) all has to be done
        is to

        1. move the OD to the optical drive
        2. do newfs only once
        3. mount ( a block device is provided in /dev )
        4. write your data
        5. umount

        the above process can be repeated for any OD and also the mount point is only one.

        please reply to my email directly

        thanks a ton

        sorry if i am posting in a wrong new group

        thanks

anupam

1. AutoCache & lfu: how to efficiently allocate client disks

We are configuring a set of SPARCstations with 200Meg local disks.  I read
about two programs which attempt to make local disks caches of most-recently
used read-only files (binaries) over NFS, "lfu" and "AutoCache."

I have ftp'd lfu from ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk, but I can't find AutoCache.  Can
anyone tell me if it is available via FTP, a commercial product, or what?

Thanks.

--

2. using "hereis document" with TELNET

3. Cannot run LFU/Serial Terminal problem

4. where is PATH set?

5. enlightenment keyboard shortcuts Q's: using the win key, using c+a+sh, conf file?

6. Sendmail problem

7. cannot print using lpr without PPP connection using Caldera (Red Hat)

8. Disabling GNU C/C++ extensions in gcc

9. Problem using CD in Win98 after using Linux

10. Using telnet from standalone PC using dialup? How?

11. Using Linux as a gateway to the internet (using ppp) for win95

12. Can the accept() be used after using one successful connect() with the same TCP port ?

13. Using C, what ports are being used by which programs?