I'm trying to gather info on Unix System Managment systems, primarily
from people that have actually used them in a production environment.
We are looking at packages like CA-Unicenter, Platinum POEMS, or maybe
a combination of standalone tools. Our primary needs are:
* system monitoring (disk usage, memory, cpu, etc..)
* Database monitoring tool (for Oracle, and Sybase)
* A robust and feature rich Job Scheduler.
* Print Queue manager.
* Backup (which should include support for live database and
filesystem backups, tape management, and archiving)
* A seemless interface to some of the more standard Network Managment
tools, and problem tracking tools.
Every vendor "has the best", but I want to get input from people who
need to rely on this stuff in mission critical production environments.
Thanks for the input!