Need info *quickly* / possible bus. or job opp.

Need info *quickly* / possible bus. or job opp.

Post by drb.. » Mon, 12 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I need some information from "people in the know" regarding
several issues involved in setting up an Internet server. BTW -
this info is for a business proposal I need produced A.S.A.P. Any
well meaning answers will be greatly appreciated. If this should
post in a inappropriate group, my apologies... It is not my
intent to "spam" groups; I merely need info. A.S.A.P. (no time
for reading FAQS).

I am in the Dallas, Texas metro area. Where do I access the
Internet P.O.P.? A Silicon Graphics Integrator told me that I can
go through UUNET, SprintLink or MCI. UUNET gave me some pricing
and yes, I can go through them. UUNET is also an Internet access
provider for business and individuals alike, as is MCI.

It is my intent to set up a server to be an access provider to
the business community, supplying them with WWW pages, catalogs,
cgi scripting, etc. It seems redundant to me to get Internet
access from an access provider doing the same thing! There is a
Internet hub(P.O.P.)I can run a T1, or FT1 from. I just don't
know where that is. Please let me know.

I need a "plug-in" formula or "feel" for how much bandwidth is
required per no. of active accounts; and, on a similar note, what
is the formula/feel for the no. of dial-in's(modems)needed per
no. of accounts? BTW - I don't ever want a client to get a busy
signal... Well, O.K., almost never. I'm not looking for the most
conservative no., rather, the most efficient.

My current plans incorporate a Silicone Graphics Indy (both as
server and authoring station), Kentrox CSU, Wellfleet Router and
Synoptic hubs. What I don't know is, what hardware/software is
needed to handle the dial-in's. Can someone address this?

Integrators and Consultants, feel free to jump in! My proposal
includes Consulting fees for training and setup. A little free
info. may get you some business!

I will need a UNIX or (specifically) IRIX guru/techie to work as
administrator and tech support. Let me here from you folks! I
need salary requirements. Please email me directly at

Any comments and suggestions for both hardware and software, as
well as, service provision, will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Need info *quickly* / possible bus. or job opp.

Post by Donna Labell » Sat, 17 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi

Save money on the techie and buy a Netra Internet server. Anyone can set one up. See any Sun
reseller for info

Dan

1. Need info *quickly* / possible bus. or job opp.

[...]

2. AHA-152x + Archive Tape

3. DAT info needed: quickly!

4. syslog port

5. Changing the backspace key????

6. Job Opp: HP-UX System Administrator

7. Forcing media type with epic100 chipset

8. Great New Job Opp!!

9. NYCity job opp., shell scripts development

10. KC Job Opp for UNIX-will train in JAVA

11. Job Opp: Network Security Software Development - Atlanta, Ga

12. JOB Opp: Principal Software Engineer- Lead-Edge Network Infrastructure Products- California PreIPO