lpr filter for FORTRAN carriage control output?

Post by Guenther Seybo » Thu, 06 Oct 1994 21:06:08

>    Anyone have a filter for lpd to reformat FORTRAN carriage
>control output (a la "lpr -f") correctly for a generic dot-matrix
>printer?
>--Dave

On some SYSV variants (example: Fujitsu's UXP/M) there is a
command "asa" which does this conversion. On IBM AIX, there
is the same program. It is also sometimes available under
the alias "fpr".

Hope this helps,
Guenther
--
Guenther Seybold, Siemens Nixdorf Informationssysteme AG, Mannheim.

1. need lpr filter to handle F77 carriage control characters

  We've just hooked up a Fuji lineprinter to our Sun 4/390, and were
disappointed to find that the F77 carriage control characters were not
being interpreted on our printouts.

  Before I try to hack up a filter to do this, I thought I'd ask around
to see if there's a filter readily available. Any help would be
appreciated, of course...

glenn popelka
Laboratory for Astrophysics and Space Research

lasr::popelka (span)

2. V890 and hard disk

3. How the #$%&^* can I filter lpr/lpd output on SCO OS5?

4. Stats comp.os.linux.networking (last 7 days)

5. how do i use sed to remove carriage control chars. from file

6. Linux Binary API

7. ANSI-standard carriage control

8. Desktop not saved

9. COBOL question/KORN shell/end of record seems to be carriage control and misreads file

10. can't print out line feed and carriage return (control character) on a network printer.

11. printing blank pages with fortran filter

12. Fortran filters on lpd

13. Blank pages with fortran filter-help