filesystem size error

Post by senthil v gopinataha » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

  I was trying to install AIX 4.3.1 on a 7248 model 43P rs6000 m/c. I
have 64 MB RAM and 2 GB hard disk (hdisk0) and while installing the
software (from CD) failed due to the following error.

Error : No Space left on the system Need .------  more 512 blocks to
install. on /dev/hd2 (/usr)
  When i cheked the size of the filesystem (using system management
service) it showed a small size allocated for /dev/hd2 filesystem.
(approx. 30 MB) and if I add up all the filesystem size it is much
lessthan my hard disk capacity. Then I tried chfs command to increase
the filesyatem size but got the following error.
v3fshelper: I/O error
Then I tried fsck -p command for any inconsistency and to repair and got

the following message

/dev/hd2 (/usr) : Bad Block Map (NOT SALVAGED)
/dev/hd2 (/usr) : Filesystem integrity is not guaranteed
I dont know what is the problem . Can anyone help me?
Thanks

1. Limits on filesystem size/physical volume size under Sol 8?

I've been using Solaris & Linux (among many other unixes) for a while
however nothing that has required anything
like I'm doing now.  Recently I have a need to create a single filesystem in
the multi-terabyte range.  This originally
started under a Linux system however I quickly ran into a problem that it
can not handle filesystems larger than 1TB.

I am using external Promise UltraTrak 100TX8 raid towers SCSI interface,
looks like a large 670GB scsi disk to the
OS/HBA.

I am going to have several of these that I will need to use
Disksuite/Veritas whatever to stripe together into a single
filesystem approx 2TB in size (4 units).

What I'm wondering is:

1) Is there any limit that anyone knows of under solaris to a filesystem
size?
2) Any limit for a physical disk size?
3) Any limits in place for Disksuite to handle large disks or large
filesystems?

Any info or pointers are welcome.

2. rmmod: (module programming)

3. Partition size - ext2 filesystem size.

4. looking for advice for creating videos

5. Filesystem Block-sizes > 4k

6. What is OpenNet?

7. Filesystem size recommendations (Solaris 2.5)

8. mktime and 20/01/2038 04:14:08

9. reiserfs: fixup transaction size check for old filesystems [RESEND]

10. changing block size in ext2/3 filesystem

11. How to define size limits for directories, without them beeing filesystems

12. Minimum size for AIX Filesystems

13. How to chage filesystem size?