need help on XWindows

Post by agen » Thu, 25 Apr 1996 04:00:00

What is the best software solution for using XWindows on PC ?
I have Sun Sparq Server 1000 and I'm using SunOS 5.3 .
Pls send yours proposition direct to this adress :

Bart.

need help on XWindows

Post by Roman Fietz » Fri, 26 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> What is the best software solution for using XWindows on PC ?
> I have Sun Sparq Server 1000 and I'm using SunOS 5.3 .
> Pls send yours proposition direct to this adress :

> Bart.

The best solution is Linux, and the second best solution is Linux :)

If you ask for an X server on MESS-Windows, try Hummingbirds solution.

Roman

--
Roman Fietze (Mail Code 5023)              Kodak AG Stuttgart/Germany

need help on XWindows

Post by agen » Fri, 26 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Thank you for all letters, but I see that in previous letter I wasn't
enought precise. I'm looking for the best software which allows to emulate
XWindows on PC. I have XWindows software on my unix server. I heard that it
is possible to use in the same time Microsoft Windows and XWindows.
I will be very gratefull for any help.
Thank you in advance.
Bart

need help on XWindows

Post by Michael Italian » Sat, 27 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> What is the best software solution for using XWindows on PC ?
> I have Sun Sparq Server 1000 and I'm using SunOS 5.3 .
> Pls send yours proposition direct to this adress :

> Bart.

Exceed's humming bird is the best. Cameleon's Xwindows is the runner up.
They also work well with slip/ppp.

--

http://www.adelphi.edu/~mike2/

need help on XWindows

Post by SysAdmi » Tue, 30 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> > What is the best software solution for using XWindows on PC ?
> > I have Sun Sparq Server 1000 and I'm using SunOS 5.3 .
> > Pls send yours proposition direct to this adress :

> > Bart.

> Exceed's humming bird is the best. Cameleon's Xwindows is the runner up.
> They also work well with slip/ppp.

I would also take a look at WRQ's Reflections series.  They have the
most 'open' X system I have ever used, and it rivals Exceed's software
so closely that you will have a difficutlt time deciding which is best.

Jonathan Baker

System Admin
CSC Consulting - NYC

1. Need Help to run school's xwindow programs on linux's xwindow

Hi! This my first time to show up in the news group. I set up linux system
on my PC. I use linux's xwindow and try to run xwindow program like ANSYS or
Ideas on school but show up on my linux. I can not get it. Do anyone know

how to do it ? Please give me a hand. I will appreciate you very much.

2. Can't detect aha1520b

3. need help with Xwindows system locks up when exiting Xwindows using Diamond Stealth II

4. Time Sysnchronisation using NTP Time Server - How do install and configure ? URGENT !!

5. help needed : unable to start xwindows

6. PPP with a 1.3.xx kernel

7. need XWindows help

8. CD-ROM: I/O error?

9. Xwindows problem.. Need help!

10. Need help: Getting garbled text when exiting Xwindows...

11. Help needed for Xwindow on laptop

12. XWindows help needed

13. Xwindows won't start.....help needed