Wanted: UNIX head to help with new app...

Wanted: UNIX head to help with new app...

Post by Jeffrey Elli » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:30:05

Hi--

We're looking for a UNIX head to help design a new app for fun and profit.
Darwin experience would be great, but knowledge of UNIX and FreeBSD in
particular is the goal.

If interested, please email:

All My Best,
Jeffrey Ellis
Groundlevel Software

Wanted: UNIX head to help with new app...

Post by daveh.. » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:06:20

Quote:> Hi--
> We're looking for a UNIX head to help design a new app for fun and profit.

This is a techie discussion group, not a "free spamming grounds for
headhunters" group.

Post by E » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:36:29

> > Hi--

> > We're looking for a UNIX head to help design a new app for fun and profit.

Cant believe someone used the words

"Design " "Fun" "App" and "Profit" in the same sentence

1. ===HELP: How to port UNIX + Motif client/server app to a WWW app ?? ===

Hello,

I'm interested to find out what might be the best
approach to convert a large Sun UNIX client-server TCP/IP
base C/C++/Motif/Sybase application over to a Web-based
application.

In particular, the client-server app consists of a client-
based X/Motif UNIX app which connects to a database
server application.  The client displays tabular and
graphical data as retrieved from the server application.
The client app makes TCP/IP and SQL calls to the server
which is running C/C++ and a Sybase RDMS.  The server
processes the client requests and then sends raw data
via TCP/IP for the client UNIX workstation to graphically
display with Motif v1.2 calls.

I'm interested in porting the client-server apps to a
PC/Apache + Linux + PHP3 + mySql + HTML environment in
which a Web browser can make requests to the Web server.
The Linux/Apache web server would create and send .gif
images of the data to the browser "on-the-fly". Tabular
data from the server would be sent to the browser via DHTML/
HTML/Java/PHP3, etc.

My hope is that:

1. the Sybase code could be ported to mySQL

2. the client and server C/C++ code could run almnost
as-is under Linux on the server

3. the Motif code could be ported to a freeware/Linux
version of Motif adn run almost as-is

4. the client UI code could be ported to HTML + a server
handlee

5. the Motif graphical output on the server could be
converted to .gifs on the server using some Motif -> .gif
converter code.  The .gif is then sent to the browser
per each browser request.

6. ...or some variation of the above or ??

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas/pointers on how
this porting process could be done most easily/quickly
given the different options I might have.

2. Microsoft Declares Open War on Open Source

3. Wanted: List of general UNIX commands/apps

4. How to tell whether a hardware RAID controller is installed?

5. How to start a new app from code in my app?

6. popen and getppid()

7. unix apps, mac apps?

8. serial port running at 14.4 K

9. dial out app. help or info wanted

10. HELP NEW USER NEW TO UNIX EVEN

11. New York City- Jr. Unix Data Security PIG Wanted

12. Wanted: New Unix (std)

13. WANTED: unix c source to generate "What's New" page