FTP account without passwd (not an anonymous account)

FTP account without passwd (not an anonymous account)

Post by Hemant Sh » Fri, 05 Feb 1993 05:31:43

Is it possible to create a user account where one can ftp without passwd.
I know that anonymous account will do it, but I want to use different user
name. I tried to create a user account with out passwd, but if I ftp to that
account it still expected a passwd. It I hit return or give a bogus passwd
I was not able to login.

Any ideas ???

Thanx
Hemant Shah                            | All the opinions expressed are my own
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory  | and does not necessarily reflect
Systems Integration Group              | those of Fermilab.

 Voice : (708) 840-8071                | I haven't lost my mind
   Fax : (708) 840-2783                | it's backed on tape somewhere.

1. Question: How to set up an ftp account without giving it a telnet account

I need to know if there is a way to give a user ftp access to a www
directory even though he does not have a account with the system.  If
there isnt, is there a way to allow him ftp access but not allow the
user to telnet or get in any other way?  This is for a ISP so we need
a way for people to upload files directly to their www directory
without the possibility of them using the system.

2. Summary: Sun DNS resolver question

3. ftp server using chroot without anonymous account

4. help with a few things ...

5. Anonymous FTP access from non-anonymous account

6. Can I recover lost .cashrc?

7. anonymous FTP only, not to my own account!

8. Recommend kernel level for sound upgrade?

9. How to FTP-login to an account w/o password (not "anonymous"!)

10. FTP Anonymous account and ~ftp/etc

11. how to add a email account without linux account ?

12. Real account with FTP guest account

13. POP3 Accounts without /etc/passwd entry