calendartool for SunOS Unix to PC connectivity solution sought

calendartool for SunOS Unix to PC connectivity solution sought

Post by Stuart Cracra » Thu, 07 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

We are looking for an enterprise network calendar solution
for remote IBM-PC users. Specifically:

   - run calendartool clone on PC
   - connect via ppp/serial to SunOS (Solaris is acceptable)

--Stuart

Post by Jason Herring-Mechanical Engine » Thu, 07 Sep 1995 04:00:00

|> Hi,
|>
|> We are looking for an enterprise network calendar solution
|> for remote IBM-PC users. Specifically:
|>
|>    - run calendartool clone on PC
|>    - connect via ppp/serial to SunOS (Solaris is acceptable)
|>

|> --Stuart

If you get any feedback, drop me a line.  I have been looking for one for a
couple months now.  calendartool is a great utility on Solaris - amazing that
no one has written one yet to tie the systems together...

Jason

Post by Robert E » Sat, 09 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>If you get any feedback, drop me a line.  I have been looking for one for a
>couple months now.  calendartool is a great utility on Solaris - amazing that
>no one has written one yet to tie the systems together...

>Jason

TriTeal has done the CDE port just about every system that runs UNIX as well as a port to the PC. The cm, or calendar manager, uses ToolTalk for messaging amonst the calendars. This is one, albeit potentially expensive solution. We have eval'd the
first COSE compliant CDE from them, TED 4.0. and it looks very good.
---
                                   -- * --

   UNIX System Administrator                     pager: 214-933-7833
   DSC Communications Corporation                voice: 214-519-2556
                                   -- * --

Post by Rock » Mon, 11 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>>If you get any feedback, drop me a line.  I have been looking for one for a
>>couple months now.  calendartool is a great utility on Solaris - amazing that
>>no one has written one yet to tie the systems together...

>>Jason

If you want something like calendartool you may want the email to. Why
not X-Windows for PC's.

If you used X-windows (a companies have have X-windows clients), you
would  be able to run almost any application on a UNIX system on a PC.

rocky

1. PC client for Calendartool

Has anyone come across a calendar tool client that runs on windows?

We stupidly installed a bunch of PCs on our TCP/IP network and
now the PC users want to be able to look at and change calendars
on our Solaris servers.  Sun does not seem to have a product.
I checked their Solstice product line on their web servers.
I used altavista to search usenet and Yahoo to search web pages.

Now I throw the questions to the gurus and wizards of the net.

                             ___________________

                             FAX: 818.545.0633

2. HELP! Books with RedHat 5.0 cd

3. Seeking system consultant and maintenance contractor - SunOS/PC/MAC

4. Log files

5. PC to Unix connectivity

6. ERROR 205 -- DNS name lookup failure.

7. PC-to-Unix connectivity

8. 2.5.60 atkbd oops

9. Good Fax Solution for Unix Sought

10. No. CA: Seeking Senior UNIX Systems Admin.:SunOS/Solaris/SCO

11. Solutions to connect PCs to SCO unix

12. Port SunOS 4.1.3 -> PC Solaris 2.x, Linux and SCO Unix

13. unix desktop on pc, pc desktop on unix box, free