Trying to find out who shut it down

Post by georg » Fri, 21 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hello!

I have been surfing the NET to find out more information about AIX
operating system, but I couldn't find much resources about it.

Could anyone tell me how I can view from a log file interactive sessions of
users telneting from remote sources. I am the sys admin of a machine, I
want to
know what programs user executed from their previous logins? I am really
not
interested in what each individual does, but I am trying to find out who
and how
the person cause my system to shut down using root login.

Is there a program on the NET to view user interactive sessions after login
in?

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1. wu.ftpd FTP server shut down -- please try again later.

I have been having problems with this one machine for a while.
When I try to ftp to my machine, I gtethe following results:

dins:~# ftp localhost
Connected to localhost.
500 dins FTP server shut down -- please try again later.
ftp>

I don't knwo what the problem is, I've replaced the wu.ftpd with one
from a working machine, checked my inetd.conf, ftpaccess, ftpgroups,
etc.. and everything looks okay.  I've even replaced my tcpd.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Korn Shell and the .kshrc file

3. X shuts down when trying to look .gif pictures

4. kernel panic: couldn't find a free SCB.

5. How to shut-off on a shut-down?

6. BIOS calls

7. Problem with powering down when shutting down

8. Need Suggestions on Dual P6 system for Linux

9. How to find out application that send outs packets on certain port

10. Shutting Down

11. apmd: doesn't shut down

12. UPS daemon & shutting down a Mac.

13. Shutting down Beep