Problem with xdm chooser

Post by Florence HENR » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 06:53:23

Hello,

I can't manage to make xdm chooser run correctly.

I want it to run on my i386 machine (NetBSD 1.6) so that I can choose
between the machine itself and other machines on the local network.

At xdm startup, the chooser is executed and the displayed list is correct.
But at the same time (when the chooser list is displayed) the login screen
of the local machine is also executed behind. When I choose a host in the
list, the chooser ends without launching the login screen of the selected
host. I can only login on the local machine as if the chooser had never
run...

I know it isn't a problem on the distant machines since X terminals can
connect on them without any problem.

Any help ?

Here are the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/ configuration files on my machine
(pimousse)

### Xaccess
%hostlist       pimousse kiwi gizmo
*               CHOOSER %hostlist

### Xservers
:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -indirect pimousse vt05

### xdm-config
DisplayManager.errorLogFile:    /var/log/xdm-errors
DisplayManager.pidFile:         /var/run/xdm.pid
DisplayManager.keyFile:         /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/xdm-keys
DisplayManager.servers:         /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers
DisplayManager.accessFile:      /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xaccess
DisplayManager.willing:         su -m nobody -c
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xwilling
! All displays should use authorization, but we cannot be sure
! X terminals will be configured that way, so by default
! use authorization only for local displays :0, :1, etc.
DisplayManager._0.authorize:    true
DisplayManager._1.authorize:    true
! The following three resources set up display :0 as the console.
DisplayManager._0.setup:        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0
DisplayManager._0.startup:      /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/GiveConsole
DisplayManager._0.reset:        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/TakeConsole
!
DisplayManager*resources:       /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xresources
DisplayManager*session:         /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession
DisplayManager*authComplain:    true

! SECURITY: do not listen for XDMCP or Chooser requests
! Comment out this line if you want to manage X terminals with xdm
! DisplayManager.requestPort:   0

Thanks,

----
Florence HENRY

1. xdm to xdm - where is chooser?

I have a few linux boxes each running xdm (with no XServers entries), and
I'm running a local xdm on another system for actual display.

Unfortunately I can't connect to the other servers on the lan, even with
-broadcast (I also tried -indirect and -query, explicitely in XServers) on
the local system. Any reason why the 'chooser' isn't coming up instead of
a local login prompt?

- lv

2. Proposal re: POSIX threads and Public Domain DCE

3. Problem with starting chooser via xdm

4. read command

5. xdm chooser mode problems

6. Possible bugs in pre 2.0.4 Kernel

7. xdm & chooser Problem

8. How does dump do it?

9. problems with the chooser on xdm

10. chooser/xdm config problem

11. xdm and chooser problem in Redhat7.0

12. Problem Setting up Linux/Xdm/Chooser

13. Problems with xdm and Chooser