Setting time for OSF/1 system

Post by Robert McDanie » Wed, 08 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I am a fairly new administrator, and just recently noticed my system
time is off. I tried to find how to change the time in some sys admin
books, but was unsuccessful.

How do I change the time for my system? I have a DEC Alpha running OSF/1
version 3.2.

Thanks for the help.

Post by Steve Tayl » Wed, 08 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: I am a fairly new administrator, and just recently noticed my system
: time is off. I tried to find how to change the time in some sys admin
: books, but was unsuccessful.

: How do I change the time for my system? I have a DEC Alpha running OSF/1
: version 3.2.

: Thanks for the help.

You use the date command

type man date for more info.

Hope this helps

Jason

Post by Steve McLaughl » Mon, 13 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>: I am a fairly new administrator, and just recently noticed my system
>: time is off. I tried to find how to change the time in some sys admin
>: books, but was unsuccessful.

>: How do I change the time for my system? I have a DEC Alpha running OSF/1
>: version 3.2.

>: Thanks for the help.

>You use the date command

>type man date for more info.

>Hope this helps

>Jason

 Or you may want to use a time server for
 all your machines.  xntpd works great!

Steve

1. Set system time using Internet time server

I often reboot my Linux machine to run OS2.
When I restart Linux (Slackware 1.2), the system time seems to be
wrong. Is there a program to set the system time over the internet
from some time server ?

I tries nbs_time from sunsite, but it needs a modem and I have none.
All I have is an internet connection over Ethernet to the SUN
workstations in my lab.

Thank you,
srini

2. ATAPI IDE-CDWriter and xcdroast?

3. Setting system time from time server

4. SLIP routing problems

5. Set system time using Internet time server

6. smtp redirect

7. Daylight Savings time, system time, hardware time....

8. Run X on Toshiba Tecra 8100 notebook??

9. Learn OSF Technology at the OSF/DCE Conference

10. AMD running on OSF/1 (dec/alpha) version 3.2 run on OSF/1 4.0?

11. Any way to set system standby time

12. set system time under linux

13. Setting system time using ntp