New features in Solaris 2.7?

Post by Dave Wresk » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi all.  I understand there is going to be an improved FTP server
included with Solaris 2.7?  Supposedly it will have a graphical
administration feature?

Also, I understand they are including NT filesystem support?  I guess
it's something like samba?  Could they possibly produce a better version
of NT networking than samba?

What other new features are included with Solaris 2.7?  When will it be
released?

Thanks.

New features in Solaris 2.7?

Post by Lawrence Wood » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

: Hi all.  I understand there is going to be an improved FTP server
: included with Solaris 2.7?  Supposedly it will have a graphical
: administration feature?

: Also, I understand they are including NT filesystem support?  I guess
: it's something like samba?  Could they possibly produce a better version
: of NT networking than samba?

I heard that within a couple of months Sun will have an optional
add-on product that not only will do SMB file and print
services,but which will allow the Solaris box to be a primary or
secondary domain controller.  The claimed benefit is that one Solaris
box will be able to take over the load of several Intel/NT boxes,
besides the fact that you have the stability of Solaris on the
domain controller.

1. immutable files and other new features of 2.7?

To anyone who can answer (probably only Casper, though :) ):

Does/will Solaris 2.7 support immutable and/or append-only files?

Also, is there a web page/site that contains info on the new features
that will come with 2.7?  I'd be interested in seeing it.

Thx,
Scott
--
Scott Lane

2. adomo

3. Problem with new () on Solaris 2.6/2.7

4. m3 = slow graphic

5. How do I install a new network card in Solaris 2.7?

6. Problem with LC_TYPE=ISO-8859-1

7. Feature list for 2.7?

8. FRAMEBUFFER (and console)

9. can I install ab Solaris 2.5 to Solaris 2.7 x86

10. Updating 2.7 to 2.7-current - error: __warn_references in libcompat

11. Jumpstart for Solaris 2.5.1 versus Solaris 2.6, 2.7, 2.8

12. Can you change a HOSTID on Solaris 2.7 & Solaris 8???