tripwire

Post by Jack Gordo » Wed, 21 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am looking for information on the tripwire security program.

What are it's benifits, what are it's costs, and is it really effective?

If someone has additional information on where I can find these details I would
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Jack

tripwire

Post by Mikel Sto » Thu, 29 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: I am looking for information on the tripwire security program.

: What are it's benifits, what are it's costs, and is it really effective?

: If someone has additional information on where I can find these details I would
: appreciate it.

: Thanks in advance.

: Jack

It's location:      ftp://coast.cs.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/Tripwire/
It's cost:          Yours for the compile (If I remeber right). Read docs for info.
It's benifits:      Finding files that have changed.
It's Effectiveness: Minimal to Maxmimum depending on your needs

I've used it locate incorrectly installed binaries of all types, after the install script wigs out.

Mikel