Opinions on CA-Unicenter?

Post by JCQuis » Fri, 19 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone have any experience with CA-Unicenter? The Ops department
where I work is intent upon implementing it, and I would greatly
appreciate any info regarding pro's or con's of the product.

Thanks!

Jonathan Quist

Opinions on CA-Unicenter?

Post by Christopher J. Wargas » Fri, 19 Jul 1996 04:00:00

: Does anyone have any experience with CA-Unicenter? The Ops department
: where I work is intent upon implementing it, and I would greatly
: appreciate any info regarding pro's or con's of the product.
:
: Thanks!
:
: Jonathan Quist

        I reviewed this product about 2 years ago for my former employer
and decided not to purcase it.  The product is quite full featured and if
it works as well as the VMS version, it probably would be a champ on UNIX.
However, I did not like the idea of this product customizing my kernel, and
it confliced with a software package that I was running (Lawson).

        That is about all I can tell you.

                                        cjw

Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center -- Chicago, Illinois

1. Requesting more comments or opinions on CA Unicenter

Hi, awhile back I had posted asking for opinions about CA Unicenter.
I got a few responses but was hoping to get more.  If there are any
Unicenter users (or former users) out there, I'd appreciate if you could
take the time to give me some input.

I'm running it (against my will) on 5 HP9000/8xx systems and am having
nothing but problems.

If you recommend Unicenter, can you tell me why?  What does it give me (that
I actually need) that Unix doesn't?  If you don't recommend it, I'm curious
about why not too.

--
-------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------
finger for PGP key | "Thufir, old friend," Paul said, "as you can see my back
                   |  is to no door."

2. RPMs / SRPMs for kdelibs-2.1.2

3. Tivoli TME - CA Unicenter : your opinion ?

4. Stale NFS file handle - HELP

5. Any opinions on CA Unicenter?

6. time sleep 1 > file 2>&1

7. CA-Unicenter, Comments please

8. problem installing Redhat 4.2 using EtherExpress Pro+ card

9. CA-Unicenter success stories - ?????

10. CA-Unicenter or Equivalent

11. launching programs w/CA-UNICENTER

12. Considering Using CA-Unicenter