Idle daemon untamo config mods?

Post by John A. Johnst » Thu, 24 Jun 1993 02:38:25

I was wondering what sort of modifications folks have made to
the untamo automatic logout idle user zapper.

The program works well out of the box, but now I find we need to allow
two types of exceptions that are not part of the original code.

The first is to allow a user running a certian process to be excepted
from logout, but only if running the one program.

The second is to have a shorter timeout for users logged in from a
certian set of hosts.

A summary of mods will be posted if any are forwarded!

Thank you,
-johnj

1. Updated source for untamo idle logout daemon?

I'm planning on using the untamo program (written at Purdue) to log out
idle users on our library system.  I remember hearing in the past that
this program is not supported by anyone at Purdue anymore, but that someone
else had volunteered to compile bug fixes and feature enhancements.  Is
there someone that is doing this?  Is there an updated version of untamo?
Is there a better program than untamo?

Thanks in advance!

Peter
--
 Peter Murray                      System Administrator, University Libraries

 Miami University, Oxford, Ohio

2. RICOH RO-3050 MO DISK UNIT

3. HELP ON IDLE JOB KILLER: UNTAMO....

4. Question regarding sendmail.cf w/ SCO Unix

5. Idle daemon

6. another grep question

7. Avoiding the idle Daemon!

8. FS: Three RS/6000s

9. Need daemon to kick idle users off Sun

10. idle daemon for RS/6000?

11. idle daemon

12. Idle timeout daemon for Solaris?

13. "idled"-like daemon needed.