root/boot with tcp/ip included

Post by Marc Pill » Sun, 13 Mar 1994 10:03:23

I am running SCO ODT 3.0.  I need to create a way of installing the OS
over the network from an image stored on a server to about 12
workstations.  The workstations and servers are IBM pc's.  I need to get
the workstations root and booted so they can talk minimally on the
network.  What do I need to add to the root and boot floppies to
accomplish this?

1. Boot/Root floppy disks set with TCP/IP services

I am trying to modify a set of boot/root disquette to have TCP/IP
services running on it.  I have tried to follow a script called "How can
I do a remote backup/restore over SCO TCP/IP?"

Things are booting fine,  when I get the # root sign, I type "/etc/tcp
start" to start the TCP/IP services.  I see on the screen tha cpd,
slink, strerr etc... are all started.  Then if I try pinging or a rcmd
to a machine where I have a .rhost entry setup I get the following
error: "message too long"

Does someone has info or has been able to successfully create root/boot
disk with Open Server 3.0 that has TCP/IP services on it.

Any info would be appreciate, those disks will be used to restore cpio
images through our network from a central storage system.

       P R O F E S S O R    P O P O U T U N I X
           SCO UNIX/WINDOWS/Linux SUPPORT

2. Free at Last!

3. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP

4. FTP: Check Connection First before FTP in a "cronjob"..

5. Juat Another Linux User

6. Connections to inetd hanging

7. SLS X wants tcp/ip, tcp/ip won't compile, what now?

8. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP

9. tcp/ip ppp hangup in sco 3242 tcp/ip 121