wdb/gdb on HP-UX 10.20 question

Post by rbar.. » Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi Guys,

I'm using wdb on HP-UX 10.20. The wdb is installed locally.

As a test, I installed wdb in a network (AFS) location.
Now, adb is a wrapper around gdb.
Alas,  I cannot find the place in wdb where I can set the gdb path
(that wdb uses).
Currently, adb is set to use gdb from (the local path)
/opt/langtools/bin/gdb and I'd like change it to a network path.

Can anyone suggest how to change the gdb path inside wdb (so that not
only wdb but also gdb could reside in a network path) ?

Thanks,
Ron.

Post by Doug Siebe » Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>Can anyone suggest how to change the gdb path inside wdb (so that not
>only wdb but also gdb could reside in a network path) ?

In general, you can't change the place where you install HP software
from where they want you to put it.  You can put it elsewhere and make
the necessary links, but trying to make it live completely elsewhere is
pretty hard.  Few applications support this without recompiling
(remember that the GNU configure option "--prefix=/wherever" has to be
given before you compile and you usually can't relocate the software
later)

--
Douglas Siebert                Director of Computing Facilities

I'm planning on being dead for most of the new millennium, how about you?

Post by markku laukkane » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> >Can anyone suggest how to change the gdb path inside wdb (so that not
> >only wdb but also gdb could reside in a network path) ?

> In general, you can't change the place where you install HP software
> from where they want you to put it.  You can put it elsewhere and make
> the necessary links, but trying to make it live completely elsewhere is
> pretty hard.  Few applications support this without recompiling
> (remember that the GNU configure option "--prefix=/wherever" has to be
> given before you compile and you usually can't relocate the software
> later)

wdb you can copy anywhere. I always copy the wdb from our development machines
to our testing machines to /tmp if I have to debug some of the applications in
the runtime environment.

    PKY

1. Difference between HP-UX 10.10 and HP-UX 10.20

Hello,

what are the differences between HP-UX 10.10 and HP-UX 10.20?

I ask because one of our customers want to evalute our software
(which was developed on 10.10) on HP-UX 10.20. Is there full
backward compatibility?

Thanks for your helps

        Rainer

Rainer Freis    -       Systemadministrator

santix software GmbH
Max-Planck-Str. 7
D-85716 Unterschleissheim

Phone: (+49) 89 321506-24
Fax  : (+49) 89 321506-99

You don't know what real time-critical software is until
you're responsible for the paychecks of a battalion of
heavily armed Marines.

        (somebody in alt.sysadmin.recovery)

2. help a 16 be a king at unix

3. QUESTION: Device Driver for VME/DMA parms on HP-UX 10.20 743i

4. Aztech cd problem.

5. kview question under HP-UX 10.20

6. Help!!

7. Makefile syntax question (HP-UX 10.20/11.x)

8. How to mount Solaris x86 partition on Linux?

9. QUESTION: Device Driver for VME/DMA parms on HP-UX 10.20 743i

10. Korn Shell History File Question under HP-UX 10.20

11. diagmond and syslog questions (HP-UX 10.20)

12. Xmodem on a HP 9000 712/60 running HP-UX 10.20