wu-ftpd virtual upload problem

Post by Ron Bicke » Fri, 19 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I've tried using the wu-ftpd (2.4, 2.4.2beta11, and BSDIs ftpd) all with
the virtual ftp patches installed.  The virtual ftp works just fine and
so do uploads.  I want to modify the permissions and ownership of
uploaded files so I use the upload feature in ftpaccess as follows:

 upload  /var/spool/ftp          /test   yes     bob     users    0600
 upload  /home/bob/ftp-site      /ads    yes     bob     users    0600

The first line works okay. (This is our non-virtual ftp site.)  The
files uploaded to /test are created user bob with group 'users' and the
permissions are as expected.

The second line sort of works fine, with one major problem.  The file
is created as user bob and group users and the permissions are fine,
BUT... the file has a zero length!  When I don't use the 'upload'
line above, the file is uploaded fine but of course the file
permissions and ownership are not as desired.

Any fixes?

Ron.

1. wu-ftpd virtual upload problem

I've tried using the wu-ftpd (2.4, 2.4.2beta11, and BSDIs ftpd) all with
the virtual ftp patches installed.  The virtual ftp works just fine and
so do uploads.  I want to modify the permissions and ownership of
uploaded files so I use the upload feature in ftpaccess as follows:

upload  /var/spool/ftp          /test   yes     bob     users    0600
upload  /home/bob/ftp-site      /ads    yes     bob     users    0600

The first line works okay as this is our non-virtual ftp site.  The
files uploaded to /test are created user bob with group 'users' and the
permissions are as expected.

The second line sort of works fine, with one major problem.  The file
is created as user bob and group users and the permissions are fine,
BUT... the file has a zero length!  When I don't use the 'upload'
line above, the file is uploaded fine but the of course the file
permissions and ownership are not as desired.

Any fixes?

Ron.

2. (VideoConferencing) build VIC on Linux glibc system?

3. Virtual WU-FTPD Uploading problems: Bad File Number

4. xdm and multiple window managers at once

5. wu-ftpd, ftpaccess, UMASK, upload problem... HELP!

6. Geforce4 and watching movies on the telly!

7. Wu-ftpd uploading problem,

8. Welcome to comp.unix.questions [Frequent posting]

9. wu-ftpd and virtual ftp problems

10. resume upload for wu-ftpd server

11. wu-ftpd "upload" ftpaccess directive

12. resume on uploads? (wu-ftpd)

13. wu-ftpd upload permissions...