HACMP/es + nfs + ops

Post by Ronald J.H. Roo » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 00:26:04

Hi,

I have to build a new oracle parallel server (OPS) on a HACMP/es
cluster. Both instances of the database need to send their archived redo
logfiles over to the other node. This is needed in case of a recovery:
the recover node needs all archived redologfiles of the database, not
only those of the instance that ran on the recover node.

Can I use nfs for this ?

I heard something about blocking issues when one node goes down ...

Until now I use little scripts to rcp the files to the other nodes but
nfs might be easier.

thanks for any usefull tips/hints/comments,

Ronald
http://ronr.nl/unix-dba
The best way to accellerate a computer 'running' windows is by
gravitation

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

1. Weird behaviour after upgrading from HACMP/ES 4.4.0 to HACMP/ES 4.4.1

All,

I recently upgraded a 2 nodes cluster (cascading) from HACMP/ES 4.4.0
to HACMP/ES 4.4.1, and the cluster behaves weirdly! After upgrading
the primary node, and after a reboot (as per documentation), I restart
cluster manager. The node is joigning the cluster, then the resource
group travel gently from the backup node to the fresh upgraded primary
node. Everything is fine, filesystems are mounted, application server
is started, then when you think you are done, a swap adapter event
occurred on the node, and the standby adapter becomes the service
adapter. After all the software and hardware checking, I couldn't find
any trouble on the adapter...

Did you notice such behaviour?

Thierry

2. Need help with AIX and Apache

3. Difference between HACMP and HACMP/ES

4. Need Help Setting up DNS

5. HACMP/ES 4.4.1 NFS problem

6. CD-ROM Installation

7. Where to get or buy ES-255 and ES-220 or exchanging with ES-310 ?

8. help installing without PAM

9. HACMP/ESCRM / OPS / cllockd / cllockdES

10. AIX - OPS - 9I - HACMP

11. HACMP, OPS install

12. Etherchannel and HACMP ES

13. HACMP/ES support for Gigabit adapters