Number of Files open

Post by BIG » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

 Does somebody can tell me if exist any commande to know how files are
actualy open at a time on a HP-UX server.

 I know that the parameters is "nfile" into the kernel and i want to
estimate if this is not enough.

Thanck's

1. SOS,the max number of file open.

I found that the Solaris system can only open almost 400 files at same
time.I hava a test,the
result as below:
1) open 1 file for read at same time ,can open 253 times and told me can
not open .
2) open 2 file for read at same time ,can open 126 and 125 times
respective and told me can not open more.

Who can tell me what is the reason , and how to enlarge the number .
thank you .

2. *nix vs windows/dos vs macOS structure

3. the current value of the number of files open for a process

4. golightspeed.com

5. number of files open per user

6. UUCP & SMTP

7. Help: What controls number of files a user can open (file open command)?

8. new KernelWorking-HOWTO beta version

9. How can I tuning Max process number and open file number on Sun Solaris 7(Intel)???

10. Number of Open files problem on AIX 4.1.4

11. max number of open files?

12. max number of open files

13. OpenWin Filemgr: 'cannot open file: too many files open' ?