help please

Post by Patrick Bod » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

         Hello , this is Patrick .
I was wondering if anybody could help me on posting a .gif .jpg file
from my linux box to the nntp server .
I am trying to build up an automated service that uploads binary files
to a specfic news group (In fact we are trying to build up a help desk
here)

I played with rnews and inews , but didnt get anything intelligent out
of it .

Help would be very much appreciated . (Please EMAIL me because my
access to the news is restricted)

Patrick Boden

http://www.icl.lu

1. still need printer help please please please

hello again.

i'm still having trouble printing from latex and ghostscript to my
9-pin epson compatible.

i can print latex files, but the dvie72 that i use loses all blank vertical
space - double space, margins, etc.

ghostscript -sDEVICE=espon  prints what looks like the correct stuff,
but the spacing is off - both vertical and horizontal, mostly vertical.
it seems to put  extra linefeeds in the middle of lines.

when i display the files to the screen (dvips and gs -sDEVICE=linux), there
is no problem.

lpr in general works.  i'm not sure what the problem is, but i'd like
to ensure that, when/if i can access a deskjet, the problem will go away.

does anybody have/had similar problems? known fix? sympathy?

thanx in advance.

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good.
Oh, Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.                   --Nina Simone

2. syslogd and pppd

3. s3 savage mx please help please please

4. EtherExpress PRO 100 driver: can anyone assist?

5. Urgent Help Required Regarding A Chat Program,PLEASE HELP,PLEASE

6. Sys Admin Position Available

7. HELP HELP HELP PLEASE HELP

8. Motif for Linux/Alpha

9. Firewall help please. Pretty please.

10. Help Help Help PLEASE

11. Uanble to boot with LINUX boot disk - new user - help help help, PLEASE !!

12. help help help please!

13. help help help please!!