HELP: rpc.lockd: Cannot contact status monitor!

HELP: rpc.lockd: Cannot contact status monitor!

Post by Doug Walk » Sun, 25 Oct 1992 03:39:14

The subject says it all.  What is happenning here?  How do I fix it.
This is on a Tatung COMPstation 40.  I have another one configured just
the same. No problems.

Thanks

Doug

Make your own yard sign.  Perot '92

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your
country.  -  JFK

HELP: rpc.lockd: Cannot contact status monitor!

Post by Brian McCash » Sun, 25 Oct 1992 05:01:11

Quote:>The subject says it all.  What is happenning here?  How do I fix it.
>This is on a Tatung COMPstation 40.  I have another one configured just
>the same. No problems.
>Thanks
>Doug
>Make your own yard sign.  Perot '92
>Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your
>country.  -  JFK

I got the exact same message the moment the campus
telephone cut my ethernet. It may not be related.
--

 Senior Programmer/Analyst                 Phone: 604-822-5502
 Centre For Health Services and Policy Research

1. SunOS error msg: rpc.lockd: Cannot contact status monitor!

I am getting the above error msg coming up on my Sparc5 console on
SunOS4.1.3_U1.   I am running OpenWin windows and have multiple xterm
windows 'rlogin' into other Sun servers on my network.   I also have
multiple Perfmeter windows monitoring remote servers' status.

Where is this error message coming from  ?   Is it my local host server
or one of the remote servers I am  monitoring ?
How do I fix it so that the error msg stops.  It's a real pain because
each time it messes up my Openwin  windows and I have to "refresh".
Thx

2. DocumentRoot and Document

3. RPC.LOCKD cannot contact RPC.STATD. HELP!!

4. Locking Devices on SUN's

5. lockd: cannot monitor although all rpc processes are runnig

6. KDE News (nntp) reader - why does it crash??

7. Need help with rpc.statd and rpc.lockd messages (AIX 3.2)

8. Kernel documents

9. HELP!- I need rpc.lockd and rpc.statd for linux.

10. rpc.lockd (or lockd) on Linux ?

11. Problem with rpc.lockd [lockd] process

12. rpc.statd & rpc.lockd?