Syncing/mirroring 2 sites at night after different changes

Syncing/mirroring 2 sites at night after different changes

Post by Robert Richard » Sat, 14 Aug 1999 04:00:00

We have 2 sites with Linux servers acting as file servers.

We would like some kind of routine to run every night to keep the 2
sites mirrored and up to date.

I.e., more recent data will be on both sites, i.e., some files are
being changed on one server while others are being changed on the
other server.  After the sync/mirroring process all the files should
have been updated on both servers.

Any advice, free or commercial?

Thanks.

Post by DanH » Sat, 14 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> We have 2 sites with Linux servers acting as file servers.

> We would like some kind of routine to run every night to keep the 2
> sites mirrored and up to date.

> I.e., more recent data will be on both sites, i.e., some files are
> being changed on one server while others are being changed on the
> other server.  After the sync/mirroring process all the files should
> have been updated on both servers.

> Any advice, free or commercial?

man rdist

Dan
--
UNIX - Not just for vestal *s anymore
Linux - Choice of a GNU generation

1. A few source files missing on FTP sites and German mirror different

Hello:

There are a few files missing on the FTP sites

src/scrypto.aa     not found <====== ***
src/scrypto.ab     not found <====== ***
src/scrypto.ac     not found <====== ***
src/scrypto.inf     not found <====== ***

src/skerbero.aa   not found <====== ***
src/skerbero.inf   not found <====== ***

src/ssecure.aa    not found <====== ***
src/ssecure.inf    not found <====== ***

XF86332/X3329set.tgz    not found <====== ***

I guess the scrypto, skerbero and ssecure files
have export restrictions ???

The last one is a XFree86 file.

Also, the German mirror seems to have a few
more directory like

2.1.7.1 release
2.2.7 snap

Thanks
Stephen

2. video modelines help

3. Mirror 2.9: Switching remote sites without total refresh of local mirror? :-{

4. lpq say 40entries lpc say no entries

5. Changing named.conf for different PPP sites

6. 640X480 monitor- I can't size X windows!

7. 1024x768 and montior goes night-night....

8. C++ wrapper for Sun xview?

9. ata-raid mirror "crashed" after cvsup/makeworld last night

10. 1024x768 and montior goes night-night....

11. mirroring a disk every night

12. 1024x768 and monitor goes night..night...