auto logout

Post by Zhiliang H » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Could someone point me to resource for scripts that checks for long idle
login sessions and auto log them out?

Thanks!

Zhiliang

auto logout

Post by bsc.. » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Could someone point me to resource for scripts that checks forlongidle
> login sessions and auto log them out?

idled is what you want.

http://www.leo.org/pub/comp/usenet/comp.sources.unix/idled-1.00/
http://www.ensta.fr/internet/solaris/idled.html
http://www.darkwing.com/idled/

They should teach Howto use a search engine in Pre-School ;)

Brian

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

auto logout

Post by Randy Styk » Sat, 14 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Could someone point me to resource for scripts that checks for long idle
> login sessions and auto log them out?

idled is a common solution.  But we found issues with it,
particularly the way it decides if a user is idle.  Idled,
and other solutions, look at keyboard activity only.  Our
company wrote (and sells ;-) a program called LOGMON that
monitors the cpu usage for each user, and their child processes.
Thus we won't log off a user running a cpu bound job with no
keyboard activity.

Logmon lets you vary the inactivity time by user, time of
day, etc.  You can control how the user is logged off.  For

| 4N165 Wood Dale Road           Phone:  630/941-7767             |
| Addison, Illinois  60101 USA   Fax:    630/941-7714             |

1. How to auto logout and auto xlock ?

        Can someone please point me in the right direction for automatic
logging out of unattended login sessions?  I thought setting the autologout
shell variable would do this for me, but I've had no luck yet.  We have
a real problem with users leaving their sessions for long periods of time.

        On a related topic, does anyone know if it's possible to force
xlock to start automatically on a display if it's been unattended for a
certain amount of time?  We want to investigate this as a possible
security mechanism to protect user's work.

        For what it's worth, we are running OpenWindows under both
Solaris 2.3 and Solaris 1.1.1.

        Any and all pointers or helpful ideas are gladly welcome.
Thanks in advance.
--
Rich Goldkamp

2. eth0 transmit error

3. Howto auto logout idle users ?

4. funny "hosts" problems

5. Slackware 3.0 auto logout timeout

6. Help Trying to Setup IPX RIP/SAP Routing over PPP

7. X windows auto logout?

8. Hey wjdork

9. How to disable "auto-logout" on solaris?

10. Auto logout

11. Auto logout of idle users?

12. how to disable auto-logout?

13. auto-logout