Help! Floppy disc driver

Post by Zou, ZhongJi » Tue, 22 Feb 1994 21:59:00

Help!

When I upgrade HP-UX from 8.07 to 9.0, somehow, the floppy disc
driver got massed up. Now I can not mount to 3.5" floppy disc.
Any help will be highly appreciated. Please send E-mail to:

1. Help for Floppy Disk Driver

Dear experts,

I am using solaris2.3 system. There is a problem when I
use tar to copy files to diskette.
I simply follows the manule to do as follows:

tar cfv /vol/dev/rfd0/unlabeled  file_name1 file_name2.

The system saids tar: cannot open /vol/dev/rfd0/unlabeled.

I check the directory: /vol/dev/  and found there is no
directory called rfd0 in our system. So, I don't know
how I can do now. Could anyone please tell me what should I do?

I need to know
1> how to know that floppy disk driver is working?
2> how can I transfer files from floppy disk driver  to unix and
from unix to a diskette
3> Is there any command for solaris which can automatically transfer
a unix file to a Mac file and get all the files from a Mac disk
to the unix system (Of cause, these files should be readable, i.e
unix format)

Many thanks in advance!

|  ---------       / \      ---------  Dr. B. Wang               |
| / Entity /______/Rel\____/ Entity /  Engineering Department,   |
|/        /       \   /   /        /   University of Cambridge,  |

2. Folding @ Home - distributed computing for Linux

3. **Help, Help, I lost my solaris 2.5 installation floppy disk**

4. DLT Problems

5. CDEJECT for SCSI disks/ide-floppy in drivers/block/scsi_ioctl.c

6. mobo for dual athlon and udma 133

7. Floppy Disk Driver

8. Programmatically find DNS server. How?

9. Linux-2.4.5-ac16/17/18: floppy driver problem with lilo boot disks?

10. Floppy Disk Driver

11. Wanted: Floppy Disk Driver - MacIntosh Format

12. Floppy Disk Driver

13. HOW TO WRITE A FLOPPY DISK DRIVER and CDROM