Advansys SCSI controllers

Post by Darrell Hoffma » Wed, 23 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone have any experience using SCSI controllers manufactured
by Advansys?  They seem to have a good feature set and support
several operating systems, but I am not familiar with the brand.
Thanks

Darrell Hoffman

Advansys SCSI controllers

Post by Andy Gatwar » Mon, 28 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I've found AdvanSys quicker than the Adaptec equivalents, but have had a few
problems trying to get them to work with Unix.  In the end, I ended up
installing with
a different board, then installing the Advansys card alongside, installing
the drivers
then removing the original board!

Andy Gatward
Developer, Web Services