IRIX 6.2 export -> Sun 4

Post by Dang » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 01:48:01

Helllllppp!

I am trying to mount a directory from an IRIX 6.2 machine to a Sun 3/160
running sunos 4.1(I know they are both OLD!)

The error message I get is:

%>mount machinename:/export/soft /mnt
mount: machinename:/export/soft server not responding: RPC:
Program/version mismatch
mount: retrying
   /mnt
<sits here until I press ctrl-c>

NOTE: The Sun 3/160 machine will mount if the /export/soft was exported
by another Sun(ec sparcstation 1)
NOTE2: the /export/soft can be mounted by a Sparcstation 1 as well as by
linux and other sgi's

I'm not sure if the RPC protocol is just too old on the Sun 3/160 or if
it's something else.  I am currently finding some newer RPC utils on the
sun 3/160 side as well as finding an older exportfs on the SGI side.

Thanks in advanced.

Dang

1. Follow Up: Irix 6.2 Hangs On Console Login ("amd" on Irix 6.2)

I have done some more digging and I have discovered that this same problem
manifests itself even on machines local to the NIS server. What is
happening is that somehow the automount daemon "amd" is dying at about
the time "clogin -f" and "Xlogin" are being run. So, of course the login
hangs because a home directory cannot be found. "amd" *never* dies if I
login over the network using "rsh" or "telnet" so I have to imagine this a bug
in "clogin" or similar. Anyone have any ideas?

Is anyone else out there running "amd" on Irix 6.2?

Dimitri

2. 2.2 kernels and K6-2 with CXT core ?!

3. Apache & IRIX 6.2 => Re: what happened to somaxconn in 6.2?

4. Process accounting

5. IRIX 6.5.3 - shell changes from IRIX 6.2?

6. Drive More Traffic To Your Web Site For FREE

7. Binary port Irix 6.2 to Irix 6.4

8. New Sound Card Error

9. Netscape Server and IRIX 5.3 > 6.2

10. NFS from IRIX 6.2->AIX 3.2.5

11. NFS export to irix (think the problem is with irix)

12. IRIX 6.2 and Netscape...

13. Compiling OPIE under Irix 6.2