File Manager's Find command causes File Manager to close - why?

File Manager's Find command causes File Manager to close - why?

Post by John Haskin » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I'm using Solaris (version command reports OS version 5.6) on a 450.  When I
use the File Manager's Find command, about every 3rd or 4th time it causes
File Manager to close (along with all directory windows that have been
spawned by prior Find commands).  This is fairly annoying.  Can anyone tell
me if a solution is available?

In case it helps, here is the rest of the results of the version command:

$ version
Machine hardware:   sun4u
OS version:         5.6
Processor type:     sparc
Hardware:           SUNW,Ultra-4

The following components are installed on your system:

Sun WorkShop Compiler C 4.2
Sun WorkShop Compiler C++ 4.2
Sun WorkShop Tools.h++ 7.0
Sun WorkShop Tools.h++ 6.0.4
$

Thanks.

1. File Manager's Find command makes it close - why?

I'm using Solaris (version command reports OS version 5.6) on a 450.  When I
use the File Manager's Find command, about every 3rd or 4th time it causes
File Manager to close (along with all directory windows that have been
spawned by prior Find commands).  This is fairly annoying.  Can anyone tell
me if a solution is available?

In case it helps, here is the rest of the results of the version command:

$ version
Machine hardware:   sun4u
OS version:         5.6
Processor type:     sparc
Hardware:           SUNW,Ultra-4

The following components are installed on your system:

Sun WorkShop Compiler C 4.2
Sun WorkShop Compiler C++ 4.2
Sun WorkShop Tools.h++ 7.0
Sun WorkShop Tools.h++ 6.0.4
$

Thanks.

2. Got a strange "Document contains no data" error

3. why can't i find any good GUI file managers?

4. xtetris pixmap bug?

5. Can't kill file manager, why?

6. creating, managing and accessing network devices

7. Server Manager Console(SMC)couldn't find any toolbox file?

8. Comments on third party hard disks solicited!

9. Mounting Volume Manager File Systems without the Volume Manager software

10. Calendar Manager, File Manager, and Screenblank

11. DiskSuite v4.2.1 - File Manager/Disk Manager SUNWadm not available

12. Do we have Desktop Manager or File Manager for X on Linux ?

13. file manager/application manager fail CDE 1.02