Line terminating after 80 character

Post by Mukesh Ja » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 04:38:19

Hi
On my unix machine (HP-UX11.11) have some problem to create file more
than 80 column. There is a script running and creating some file(s)
but due to the resource limitation the file only store 80 columns.

Example:

DETERMINEQ|id:queue:queue_description:priority:country_code:business_context:cus

Suppose to create this line in a file:

DETERMINEQ|id:queue:queue_description:priority:country_code:business_context:customer_segment:system_type:problem_area:contract_level:time_of_day:day_of_week:language

Please some body can help me what kernel parameter I need to set or
some thing I need to set in .profile

Thanks:
Mukesh Jain

Post by p.. » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:06:21

> Hi
> On my unix machine (HP-UX11.11) have some problem to create file more
> than 80 column. There is a script running and creating some file(s)
> but due to the resource limitation the file only store 80 columns.
> Example:

> DETERMINEQ|id:queue:queue_description:priority:country_code:business_context:cus
> Suppose to create this line in a file:
> DETERMINEQ|id:queue:queue_description:priority:country_code:business_context:customer_segment:system_type:problem_area:contract_level:time_of_day:day_of_week:language
> Please some body can help me what kernel parameter I need to set or
> some thing I need to set in .profile

Your application (that does the writing) is bugging you. What application are
you trying to use ?

Un*x kernels in general (and hp-ux 11) has no opinions on "line lengths".

Quote:> Thanks:

--
Peter H?kanson
        IPSec  Sverige      ( At Gothenburg Riverside )

Line terminating after 80 character

Post by Mukesh Ja » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 04:15:29

Yeah, you are right. The application I am using isql was bugging me.
Now I add -w (Column width) option to isql, its working.

Thanks