Stupid Question - Slap Me!

Post by m.. » Sat, 27 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I know this is like really simple and for the life of me I can't figure it out.
How do I set up an alias in DNS. Our newsfeed comes from the provider of our T1 but is
not hosted on our server, I need to figure out how to make a query for
"news.dhinternet.com" to be redirected to "news.leepfrog.com"
How do I do this????
Please help.
*cries of despiration*
Thanks!
Mike

Stupid Question - Slap Me!

Post by Stephen M. Du » Mon, 29 Apr 1996 04:00:00

$not hosted on our server, I need to figure out how to make a query for
$"news.dhinternet.com" to be redirected to "news.leepfrog.com"

   In the file/section for dhinternet.com:

news            IN      CNAME   news.leepfrog.com.

Stephen M. Dunn, CNE, ACE, Sr. Systems Analyst, United System Solutions Inc.
104 Carnforth Road, Toronto, ON, Canada M4A 2K7          (416) 750-7946 x251

Stupid Question - Slap Me!

--
Try
news.dhinternet.com CNAME news.leepfrog.com.

Information Technology Group      === Phone: 64 9 307-9999 x8133
Auckland Institute of Technology  === Fax:   64 9 307-9902
PO Box 92006, Auckland, New Zealand =
Einstein was right, the world goes on in spite of us.

1. Stupid Question - Slap Me!

I know this is like really simple and for the life of me I can't figure it out.
How do I set up an alias in DNS. Our newsfeed comes from the provider of our T1 but is
not hosted on our server, I need to figure out how to make a query for
"news.dhinternet.com" to be redirected to "news.leepfrog.com"
How do I do this????
Please help.
*cries of despiration*
Thanks!
Mike

2. 2.4.20-pre1-ac1 does not compile

3. --stupid question but then there are no stupid questions--

4. Unix script question

5. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

6. LinuxSDoom question

7. Stupid, stupid, stupid! FAT access rights...

8. link count on dirs

9. stupid stupid stupid

10. Stupid or not so stupid questions

11. Stupid, stupid question

12. One stupid question and one not so stupid

13. REALLY STUPID QUESTIONS (not so stupid)