Help me setup modem for incomming calls

Post by Jim Chargi » Tue, 15 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I'm running SUNOS 4.1.3 on a Sparc 2 and I'd like to configure my
system to allow dial-in access.  I've checked the FAQ and it refers to
a manual I don't have access to.

I'd appreciate someone sending me or posting instructions.

TIA

1. Can use modem for incomming/outgoing???

Yes. There's a section in the Manuals that go thru' this step by step.
It's a lot better that what anyone can tell you here.

[Although, there have been situations when the getty so thoroughly inteferes
 with the terminal device that cu could never make an outgoing call]

2. NVRAM - time of day clock??

3. Connecting an incomming telnet to a modem?

4. About the double hosts hot backup

5. HELP MODEM SETUP!!! Global Village Teleport Modem 56K

6. How to restrict user from using .rhosts!

7. Modem setup help, modem makes weird noise, will not dial.

8. Linux and the Marketplace (was: Word Processor for Linux & other apps)

9. Modem, modem, modem, ... setup

10. Help! Help on Modem Setup in RH6.1

11. netmeeting h323 problem, no incomming connections, need HELP??

12. Actiontec modem (was Re: Call Waiting Modems / Low Connect Speeds)

13. modem call internet help....