Auto Killing Old Processes

Post by Greg McDani » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

My apologies if this question has been asked 10^6 times.  Due to
various conditions, I tend to inadvertently accumulate old processes.
I would like a script (to be run at login?) that would automatically
kill anything from the previous day back.  Does any silver bullet exist?

                                Thanks, Greg

J. Gregory McDaniel, PhD                Opinions are my own

Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc             Phone: 617-873-3013

1. Auto Killing Old Processes

I searched the FAQ and did not turn up an answer. On a Sun, is there an
automatic way to search out old (detached? zombie?) processes and kill
them?  Particularly, I would like a login script that finds things
older than yesterday and kills them.

                Thanks, Greg

J. Gregory McDaniel, PhD                Opinions are my own

Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc             Phone: 617-873-3013

2. find command to search for directory name instead of basename ?

3. How can kill all child processes without killing parent process ?

4. samba printing and winxp on freebsd?

5. A method to kill process that cannot be killed even with `kill -9'.

6. Compiling KDE 1.1.2

7. How to kill process which not killed by 'kill' ?

8. Network drops and modconf is empty

9. How to auto detect and kill crashed netscape processes ?

10. Using perl/shell scripts to kill processes more than x days old

11. Killing old processes ?

12. Killing old processes

13. How to: kill old processes