Finding OLD Users

Post by Steven B. Thompso » Thu, 06 Oct 1994 22:53:40

: Hello.  I am looking for some sort of scripts that will flag me if users
: are logged in for more than a day on a Sun workstation, then send some
: email.  Does anyone know how to find out the same of users on xterminals?
: I suppose wtmp may be an answer...  Thanks in advance.  Post or reply by
: email directly.

: --

:   Applied Micro Circuits Corp.                UUCP: ...!ucsd!amcc!paulp
:   6195 Lusk Blvd.
:   San Diego, CA 92121                        Voice: (619) 535-4228

You could write a script that pipes the output of "last" into awk.
Then print only those users logged on longer than a given time,
then send you mail.   I know I made it sound easy, but it's really
not that hard.   I wrote something similar in the past and it worked
fine.   I don't know if "last" is available on your platform, but
seems there would be something close.

  __________________________     |  Steve Thompson

--------------------|--------------------------------------------------
 The person who says it cannot be done should
  not interrupt the person who is doing it ;)    -- Chinese Proverb

1. finding old user accounts

Hi folks,
    Does anyone know of a way to find old accounts that the user no
longer uses. Say, like if a user hasn't logged in in 120 days. And no,
I can't setup expired passwording on our system. I tried it once and was
forced to remove it. Still here we have a lot of turn over in the
staffing and the powers that be never let me know when they leave and
I need to find these old accounts.

--
Cliff Browning
FAMU-FSU College of Engineering

2. Three phased power: Was: Re: Windows 95 on the VAX

3. X Windows and my old old old old video card

4. Can't connect to openssh 2.3.0

5. find isnt finding old articles?

6. Oh Great, Corel violates the GPL...

7. Finding old directories with find -mtime

8. Fix for sys_nanosleep() in 2.4.16

9. after changing a user's home dir, cd ~user in ksh still use old dir

10. Kill 'Old' User Process on Login of Same User

11. ufstype=old = how old? SunOS fstype=4.2 old?

12. Help with old freeswan and old linux on old hardware.

13. Missing a serial number for SCO OS 4.2 (old-old-old...)