process uninterruptible

Post by Michael Italian » Sat, 27 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I some times have process that get hosed and get into uninterruptible
states. I'm running DEC OSF/1 and have been told to reboot. But I have
heard that AIX SysAdmin's have encountered the same problem and are able
to (in a pinch) get rid of those processes. I'm talking about kill -9
*not* working here.

Anybody know how? On DEC and AIX(just to satisfy my curiosity)

--

http://www.adelphi.edu/~mike2/

1. Uninterruptible sleeping process

Hi Gurus,
(TrueUnix4.0F question)
Submitted jobs go to Uninterruptible sleeping process. vmstate shows 98%
idle.
(The system was working fine before). What's wrong and how to make those
jobs
running properly?
Thanks
Tapas

"We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without
which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made."
                                           - Albert Einstein -
Tapas Kar, Ph. D
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
Utah State University
Logan, UT 84322-0300

Tel: 435-797-7230
Fax: 435-797-3390

2. {} around env variables

3. Killing a process in "uninterruptible sleep"

4. swap stderr and stdout

5. Uninterruptible sleep Process

6. NCSA or Apache?

7. killing processes in an uninterruptible sleep

8. Conference for Win NT System Management (Especially UNIX Interoperabillity)

9. Process in "uninterruptible sleep"?

10. Process falls into uninterruptible sleep

11. How to kill a uninterruptible sleep process

12. Uninterruptible sleep Process and Reboot

13. How to "kill" uninterruptible sleeping process?