cyrus pop authentication problem

Post by Thomas Klei » Tue, 28 May 2002 04:44:26

hello folks,

I've installed cyrus interfaced with MySQL via cyrus-sasl. When i tried this
configuration, i got some problems with the pop authentication (No problem
with imap auth).

# telnet localhost 143
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK svr Cyrus IMAP4 v2.0.16 server ready

. OK User logged in

# telnet localhost 110
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

-ERR Invalid user

in my imapd.conf :
sasl_pwcheck_method: mysql
+ all the stuf concerning sql like sasl_mysql_user / _passwd / _... ...

using a FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE
# pkg_info | grep cyrus
cyrus-imapd-2.0.16_2 The cyrus mail server, supporting POP3 and IMAP4
protocols
cyrus-sasl-1.5.27_3 RFC 2222 SASL (Simple Authentication and Security Layer)

anyone got an idea ?
Is there another step like creating pop account additionaly to the imap
account ?

thanks a lot !

thomas klein

1. cyrus user account and cyrus-imapd configuration problem.

Hi, I am trying to configure cyrus-imapd on a computer with a fresh
installation of FreeBSD 4.5.  I installed cyrus-imapd along with the
operating system.

During the configuration process I am stuck on the point where I have to su
into the cyrus account to run the mkimap tool.  At this point I get an error
message that reads, "This user account is not available."

As you can tell, I don't have a lot of experience modifying user accounts.
Could anybody tell me how to enable this user account?  Also, I am a little
worried that by changing the account, I will lower the level of security of
the cyrus-imapd configuration.  Is this concern reasonable?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

federico

2. Question: Linux act as a router and firewall?

3. POP-before-SMTP/log2db/RH 6.2/Sendmail 8.11/Cyrus-SASL

4. awk for a cleaner approach

5. PAM authentication of Cyrus Imapd suers

6. Compiling C++ code using xlC 3.6.4

7. cyrus/imap authentication

8. Cannot ftp into my machine as myself (user), but can ftp in as anon.

9. Problem authentication POP server RedHat 4.0

10. qmail / cyrus: cyrus deliver (lmtp) doesn't work ... need help!

11. PAM authentication for POP server (help)

12. Pop Authentication for Sendmail

13. POP Authentication to prevent email relaying