Printer daemon wont start

Post by Ian Hamilt » Fri, 09 Dec 1994 01:30:09

I'm using Ultrix 4.2A on a Dec 5000/240. Some printer daemons have died
and cannot be restarted. I execute lpc restart and receive the message -
printer daemon started. When I check 'lpq -Plp0', the message says 'No
printer daemon for lp0' Booting the machine (Dec support advice) doesn't
help. Any ideas on this problem would be welcome.

1. printer error-"unable to start daemon" HELP

I have RH6.1 and an epson color stylus 800. I have upgraded ghostscrit
and lpr to the latest version as well as the unidriver. It appears to
be configured correctly according to the documentation. But when I
test it, I get a message that says the job was sent properly, but the
lpr daemon was unable to start. Whats this about?

rob

2. problem with connect Tape Device to pSeries (?)

3. printer probs daemon won't start

4. FAT32 mounting on linux 1.2.xx????

5. Help starting a printer daemon and ....

6. Striped filesystem?

7. Can't get printer daemon started

8. 2.4.20-aa and LARGE Squid process -> SIGSEGV

9. Need help starting printer daemon

10. Printer daemon won't start

11. kde wont start on boot, will start on reboot

12. cgi program which is a daemon/starting daemon from cgi

13. Wont start X - Screen flashes trying to start GUI