Help needed to set-up dial-in access to AIX 3.x

Help needed to set-up dial-in access to AIX 3.x

Post by Dan Hegart » Fri, 10 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Please could any AIX guru's out there help me with what I'm sure is a
relatively simple problem.

I am a new AIX administrator who wants to know the commands for a)  setting
up a modem on the multi-port serial card in the server, b) getting this
modem to answer incoming calls so that remote users can log-in.

I have managed this with Linux and would very much appreciate any and all
assistance given.  Please cc. any replies to my e-mail address (removing
the spam blocking as noted below).

Best Regards

Dan Hegarty
--
**** IMPORTANT NOTE ****

Please remove "spamblocked" from the e-mail address to reply to this
message.

1. Need Help on setting up getty for dial-ins

HELP!!!

I read the serial howto and installed getty_ps, and I cannot get my linux
box to pick up the phone when i dial into it.  Can someone out there who
has done this successfully PLEASE help me.

This is the corresponding line from /etc/inittab:

cua1:unknown:/etc/uugetty ttyS1 19200 vt100

and this is my /etc/default/uugetty.ttyS1:

VERSION=/proc/version
LOGIN=/bin/login
ISSUE=/etc/issue
CLEAR=NO
HANGUP=YES
INIT="" ATZ1\r
WAITFOR=RING
CONNECT="" ATA\r CONNECT \s\A
ALTLINE=cua1
ALTLOCK=cua1
INITLINE=cua1
TIMEOUT=60

I am using the Yggdrasil Summer '94 distribution of linux.

I need help desperately

Andrew Liles

finger for PGP 2.6 Public Key

2. Web Test Tools List updated

3. Help Setting Up mgetty for dial-in access

4. Conner Tapestor 4000 with Linux?

5. Help needed setting up dial-in modem and uugetty

6. can't connect to X server

7. need help setting up dial-in and -out on same modem in SunOS 4.1

8. Bash OK as root shell?

9. Need help setting up a ppp dial-in system

10. Setting up firewall for dial-ins: How?

11. ****HELP****CANT SET-UP A LINUX DIAL-IN SERVER

12. Problems with dialing out when dial-ins are enabled

13. AIX Dial-In Access