RedHat Linux 4.1 Kernel 2.0.27

Post by Brad Jone » Tue, 07 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hello all, I have a server problem, it hangs at times, we are running a web
server and email server from it with a dedicated dial-up, it stays connected
but doesn't get out. When this happens, the phone is still connected, we can
usually ping provider but nowhere else, a reboot fixes the problem, probably
a kill and reconnect would but reboot is easier. Any suggestions as to what
and why this is happening and a good way to fix it?

1. RedHat Linux 4.1 kernel 2.0.27.....

I am not totally brilliant here:) I manuall changed the file messages in
/var/log I copied it to a back file then using emacs made a new blank file
called messages, now linux doesn't write to the log at all, I attempted
using the touch /var/log/messages command and it didn't work either. Can
someone please tell me how to fix this as soon as possible? All and any help
is GREATLY appreciated.

TIA,
Brad

2. How to modify the allow/deny access right ?

3. RedHat Linux 4.1 Kernel 2.0.27 Log Problems Pleaes Help!

4. HELP ! lex / Flex and and the link library

5. ICMP Difficulties with RedHat 4.1 and 2.0.27 and.30 Kernels

6. SAMBA

7. RedHat 4.1 Kernel 2.0.27, Log problems........

8. printer configuration/stalled printer causes server to freeze

9. Netscape 3.01 hang on RedHat 4.1 with kernel 2.0.27 at fvwm95 [HELP]

10. kernel panic in 2.0.27 while installing RedHat 4.1 (LONG)

11. Problem with TRANSMIT / Linux 2.0.27 / Redhat 4.1

12. RedHat 4.1 Linux 2.0.27 Error: modprobe: Can't locate module binfmt-0

13. Kernel build freeze RH 4.1, kernel 2.0.27, AMD k5100