Need util to mirror directory

Post by James C. Nug » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking for a utility to make an exact copy (mirror) of a directory.  It
needs to copy files that have changed and remove files that have been
deleted.  Being able to specify files to ignore would be a plus.

If it matters, the source is a local disk and the target is NFS mounted.

Thanks!
James Nugen

Need util to mirror directory

Post by Patrick Leu » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm looking for a utility to make an exact copy (mirror) of a directory.  It
>needs to copy files that have changed and remove files that have been
>deleted.  Being able to specify files to ignore would be a plus.
>If it matters, the source is a local disk and the target is NFS mounted.

Try rsync
ftp://samba.anu.edu.au/pub/rsync
http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/

You can also try rdist which comes with solaris

1. I need a mirroring util that works in reverse.

I need a mirroring utility for my web stuff that I am creating. Basically
I need something to mirror the dirs on my side to the server that is
hosting my web pages. I have looked at all the mirror utils that I could
get my hands on, but they are for mirroring a site onto my local machine.
I figure I can compile the mirror util on the server and set up and ftp
server on my machine and do it that way, or use tar, but I dont want to
have to login ftp and then telnet in and untar it. I know I am missing
something somewhere. Hell, I bet emacs even has some kind of publish
function. I just have not found it yet. A point in the right direction
would be appreciated. Thanks.

--

Beau Hargis

2. Help in file locking !

3. Home Directory Mirroring/Synchronization Needed...

4. --->Graphical Stat Packages...???

5. Smoke and Mirrors: mirrored concat / concat mirrors

6. Mupad woes

7. mirror, unmirror,backup mirror re-mirror howto

8. How can run X-Windows in my pc with mini-linux?

9. Any util to print the tree of directory ?

10. Util to change home directory

11. need util to verify my /etc/passwd integrity

12. Need util to merge UNIX group files

13. am-util ( automounter ) help needed