Sending syslogd messages via email

Post by Dustin Goodw » Wed, 12 Oct 1994 10:40:09

 I would like to configure syslogd so that if a certain priority message is
received syslogd will put it in a mail message and send it to me. Is that
possible under SunOS 4.1.3 ? From reading the man pages it seems that I can
only send it to a file, another syslogd or to a logged in user.

Thanks in advance.

Post by Thanh » Fri, 14 Oct 1994 21:59:50

>>  I would like to configure syslogd so that if a certain priority message is
>> received syslogd will put it in a mail message and send it to me. Is that
>> possible under SunOS 4.1.3 ? From reading the man pages it seems that I can
>> only send it to a file, another syslogd or to a logged in user.
>        Take a look at swatch 2.0 available from Sierra.Stanford.EDU
>in pub/sources.

version 2.1 is available. Just get swatch.tar.gz and you will have the latest.

Thanh Ma

--

Chicago | New York | Philadelphia | London | Frankfurt | Paris | Hong Kong
   "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it."