Print Servers, Reverse telnet

Post by Fred Milli » Sat, 20 Aug 1994 02:04:23

Hello:
I am looking for a print server, internal card or external box, that
will allow me to do reverse telnet print to a printer.  The jet-direct
cards that we have now, only allow you to telnet to port 9100 and
dump screen data to them.  they won't allow you to send a stream of
data to them.  any sugestion would be greatly appreciated.

sincerely,
fred milling

Post by Dennis Tayl » Sun, 21 Aug 1994 11:39:59

> Hello:
> I am looking for a print server, internal card or external box, that
> will allow me to do reverse telnet print to a printer.  The jet-direct
> cards that we have now, only allow you to telnet to port 9100 and
> dump screen data to them.  they won't allow you to send a stream of
> data to them.  any sugestion would be greatly appreciated.

> sincerely,
> fred milling

microplex works very well. my only complaint is that they only come in one
config: 2 par + 2 ser. oh well.

Post by Tech For » Thu, 25 Aug 1994 14:09:07

: Hello:
: I am looking for a print server, internal card or external box, that
: will allow me to do reverse telnet print to a printer.  The jet-direct
: cards that we have now, only allow you to telnet to port 9100 and
: dump screen data to them.  they won't allow you to send a stream of
: data to them.  any sugestion would be greatly appreciated.

: sincerely,
: fred milling

I recommend the Axis NPS 550, an external box with 2 parallel and 1
serial port. Does LPD, FTP, reverse Telnet, and named pipes for Unix. I
am running 2 of them on SunOS 4.1.3 and they are working great. They also
support Lan Server/Manager, Appletalk, and Novell concurrently if you
need that. All the Unix stuff is in ROM, and you FTP it back to your
host. They run ads in most Unix magazines; email me if you need vendor
contact info.

Post by Krzysztof Rozyc » Thu, 25 Aug 1994 17:30:10

: Hello:
: I am looking for a print server, internal card or external box, that
: will allow me to do reverse telnet print to a printer.  The jet-direct
: cards that we have now, only allow you to telnet to port 9100 and
: dump screen data to them.  they won't allow you to send a stream of
: data to them.  any sugestion would be greatly appreciated.

: sincerely,
: fred milling

try cisco, xylogics, lantronix, xyplex .........

Krzysztof Rozycki
OETO Politechnika Krakowska
Krakow, Warszawska 24

Post by Dennis Tayl » Sun, 28 Aug 1994 12:03:57

> Lantronix has a whole line of print servers and terminal servers.  We
> have 40 of their terminal servers here at our site which we use with to
> connect users, operate modems and printers.  They can be contacted for

> except as a satisfied customer.  Ray

are you using SCO? I have a lantronix eps1 collecting dust because i could
never get it working properly. lantronix gave me something vague about
retuning the kernel, but based on my guesses about what they were talking
about, it didn't help.

1. Reverse telnet printing

Hi
I have been using reverse telnet to connect to local and remote printers
hanging of tcp/ip terminal servers of various kinds for some time now.
While the code that i am using works i regularly suffer from various
problems the main one being streams failures of the murderous kind. I.e.
all streams buffers suddenly fail and my network is dead. Does anyone
know of a reliable way to do reverse telnet printing either commercial
of free.
TIA
John

2. lpr port

3. Printcap configuration for reverse-telnet printing

4. HPDeskJet 870 Cxi Interface program

5. Does TELNET server do reverse IP query?

6. Help: MDK 9.1- NO option to create boot disk during installation

7. reverse telnet/terminal server software?

8. Permissions

9. Reverse Telnet (terminal Server) on Solaris

10. Delay on initial access server ftp, http and telnet, etc - NOT usual reverse dns problem

11. Server will not print to a Linksys EPSX3 Print Server

12. LPR: Remote Telnet Printing with INTEL Port SERVER

13. printing via a telnet server