Automatic account registration

Post by Scott Mille » Thu, 03 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I did this years ago but I lost the code. We setup a restricted
shell that was used whenever the user "register" logged in. Netscape
you pop-up and the user would be asked to fill in information. At the
end of the form it would store the information and another program
would create the new account. Has anyone done this? Ideally
perl or java.

Thanks,
Scott

1. Scottish ISP - Shell Accounts, Domain Registration, Email, FTP, and much more.

Scotland based ISP
http://www.omn.net

POP3/SMTP Mail
Virtual Servers
FTP Servers
Domain Registration
Co-Hosting
Shell Accounts

Linux Shell Accounts.
5Mb, 10Mb, 20Mb, or Custom Accounts to suit everyone.
Run IRC connections, maintain a website, Email, script, or any of
thousands of other utilities.
Cant find the software you require, just ask, we will make it available.

All shell accounts come with Email and Website facilities build in.

For more information, please visit:
http://www.omn.net
http://www.nessie.org
or
http://www.loch-ness.net

2. Thinkpad user needs help

3. Automatic Account Allocations

4. Netscape4.51 on BSD3.2 and KDE

5. Automatic disabling of user accounts under HP-UX

6. FreeBSD Wallpaper

7. Automatic account manipulation

8. Config error; mail loops back to myself

9. Automatic account creation

10. Automatic Account Creation

11. Automatic Backups -- or automatic in general. :)

12. AliasMatch from ~/account to /users/account

13. Use WinNT User Accounts on Linux -- Centralize User Accounts