Setting up Ethernet Printers

Post by Melvyn Kwa » Fri, 02 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I have set up parallel printers under
SunOS before but am a little lost in
setting up Ethernet printers. How do I specify
in my printcap that a particular printer is
an Ethernet printer?  Do I put the IP address
or the Ethernet Address somewhere?  And how
would I set the IP address in an Ethernet
Printer?

Setting up Ethernet Printers

Post by Mark K. Robinso » Sat, 03 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I have set up parallel printers under
> SunOS before but am a little lost in
> setting up Ethernet printers. How do I specify
> in my printcap that a particular printer is
> an Ethernet printer?  Do I put the IP address
> or the Ethernet Address somewhere?  And how
> would I set the IP address in an Ethernet
> Printer?

What type of network printer are you trying to setup? HP printers are easy
to setup most of time because they have software that will do just about
everything. Also what type of box will be communicating with the printer?

Mark K. Robinson
Senior UNIX Engineer
Bureau of Labor Statistics