Help- Dial-up PPP Server

Post by wach.. » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

If anyone is familiar with the procedure to set up a dial-up PPP
service, I would appreciate any information.

Thank you,
        Gabriel Wachman

Help- Dial-up PPP Server

Post by Dominic Kailat » Sat, 27 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> If anyone is familiar with the procedure to set up a dial-up PPP
> service, I would appreciate any information.

> Thank you,
>         Gabriel Wachman

I use the Dial-Up Networking that comes with Windows 95 and Windows NT
on the Client. Your server could be Unix or NT. I dont have all the
details about how the server is set up. But could find out if anybody
is intrested,

Dominic

Dominic Kailath

Unix Systems programmer                             phone: 201-828-2989
UPS Information Services
Mahwah NJ 07430

Help- Dial-up PPP Server

Post by Celeste Stoke » Sun, 28 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>If anyone is familiar with the procedure to set up a dial-up PPP
>service, I would appreciate any information.

You don't say which Unix nor which PPP. But, I've got lots of the
PPP info for Sun, SGI, Tadpole, Linux, and different public-domain
and commercial PPPs at
http://www.stokely.com/unix.serial.port.resources/ppp.slip.html

If I've missed one, please send me its URL.

..Celeste Stokely, Unix System Administration Consultant
  Stokely Consulting, 211 Thompson Square, Mountain View CA 94043

  http://www.stokely.com - Home of Unix Serial Port & Sysadm Resources

1. Linux as dial-up ppp server for Win95 dial-up problem

My Linux box is currently a server for dial-up ppp accounts.  However,
users of Win95 must either use a dial-up script or use a terminal
window to login.

They can't just use Win95's Network login window.  Why is that?  I guess
that is has to do with PAP.  Is there a way for me to fix this from the Linux
side so they don't have to use a dial-up script or a terminal window?

--

2. apache user dir cannot redirect to index.html

3. HOWTO: becoming a dial-up PPP server, enabling PPP login?

4. SoundBlaster MIDI port ---> Poof!

5. Mail-Server dial-up ppp help.

6. hp-ux, dtc's, mux's, and modems...

7. 2.3 -> 2.7 via Dial-up (Re: CVS over 'dropping' dial-ups)

8. Q: Why aren't users showing up in utmp?

9. ppp dial-up to NT4.0-server

10. PPP to Win'95 Dial-Up Server HOW ?

11. Dial-up PPP Server setup

12. PPP problems with multiport dial-in/dial-out server

13. How to be a dial-up SLIP/PPP *server*