DIGITAL UNIX HELP NEEDED

Post by Richard Godde » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 16:35:39

Hello,

I am using a client server application running on my Compaq Alpha DS20
system. When the system gets to a certain limit I cannot run any more
programs over the CS Router or use a telnet session (I get the message All
Ports Full).

Where do I change my Kernel to allow me to let more comms traffic through to
the box ?

DIGITAL UNIX HELP NEEDED

Post by Michael Heimin » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 04:36:21

> Hello,

> I am using a client server application running on my Compaq Alpha DS20
> system. When the system gets to a certain limit I cannot run any more
> programs over the CS Router or use a telnet session (I get the message All
> Ports Full).

> Where do I change my Kernel to allow me to let more comms traffic through to
> the box ?

You don't write which version of Tru64/Digital UNIX you use!

You could perhaps use Ie. "dxkerneltuner" if it's available.

But it sounds more as maxusers would be set to low,
you can change this without even rebooting.

As this is a wide area, I would really suggest, checking the docs on the
compaq
tru64 web site. And check the docs that cam with your OS, the software
documentation
on CD will be useful.

Good luck

Michael Heiming

DIGITAL UNIX HELP NEEDED

Post by Jimi Thompso » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 13:01:35

Ewwwww....Tru-64 Unix.  Have you applied all the current OS patches?

Quote:> Hello,

> I am using a client server application running on my Compaq Alpha DS20
> system. When the system gets to a certain limit I cannot run any more
> programs over the CS Router or use a telnet session (I get the message All
> Ports Full).

> Where do I change my Kernel to allow me to let more comms traffic through
> the box ?

DIGITAL UNIX HELP NEEDED

Post by Day » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 23:45:21

Tru-64 isnt all that bad :)

If i remember correctly, that is acutally a fucntion of the maxusers
variable.

# dbx -k /vmunix

(dbx) p maxusers
32

(dbx) patch maxusers=2048
2048

(dbx) p maxusers
2048

that *should* fix your problem if thats the correct variable to modify
anyway :)