INN Installing problems

Post by SOFI-DH » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi all!

Who can advice me, how I must setup INN for Linux. I'm
make all changes step-by-step on all instructions.
After runing RC.NEWS I have not INND in memory and I
have in syslog record:

... cant bind Address already in use

Where is problem? In INN configuration or in network settings?
I'm connected via local server to internet and I'm want to
getting netnews to my local Linux computer.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

INN Installing problems

Post by Jeff Fish » Sun, 09 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>Hi all!

>Who can advice me, how I must setup INN for Linux. I'm
>make all changes step-by-step on all instructions.
>After runing RC.NEWS I have not INND in memory and I
>have in syslog record:

>... cant bind Address already in use

Comment out the line in /etc/inetd.conf that says:
nntp    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/in.nntpd
like this:
#nntp   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/in.nntpd
Then kill -HUP your inetd.

---------------
Jeff Fisher                      Gazette MIS

"Hey! It compiles! Ship it!"
?

1. inn install problem

Hi, there.

When I installed inn, I found this e-mail to me from news

mv: news.kornet.nm.kr (it's name server) : No such file or directory
No innd.pid file : did server die?
Can't send "flush" command (open failure) No such file or directory
sendbatch : can't flush news.kornet.nm.kr

Why???

If you have much time, please send me e-mail
Thanks

2. examining mail directory

3. Installing INN - using Install.ms.*

4. IPX - Myth?

5. More infos : inn : how to get all the articles of an old inn server

6. primary peer bus

7. inn : how to get all the articles of an old inn server

8. Trapping Apache 404 errors for MSIE

9. INN-2.1 man pages and more INN stuff

10. INN with an INN uplink using NNRPD server

11. INN problem reports but no problem ?

12. Installing INN

13. INN server install