Here is the answer!!!!

Post by crlawle » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 04:19:19

TCP and UDP ports 1025 have the registered name "blackjack"  (google  > [TCP
1024 AIX blackjack]) at least two sites list all registered port names,
blackjack is included.

Thanks for the replies...

Cary

> Hi and thanks,

> A netstat command produces a result I don't understand.  The column in
> question
> usually shows the user's IP address and port,(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.nnnn).
> However the entries in question, about a dozen our of a 100, appear to
show
> the user attached to a port (?) named "blackjac", the actual entry looks
> like this, xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.blackjac

> These people ARE not playing cards/games! Take my word for that!

> Any ideas!

> Thanks.

> Cary

Here is the answer!!!!

Post by Bill Marcu » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 04:33:29

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 14:19:19 -0500, crlawler

> TCP and UDP ports 1025 have the registered name "blackjack"  (google  > [TCP
> 1024 AIX blackjack]) at least two sites list all registered port names,
> blackjack is included.

> Thanks for the replies...

> Cary

If I'm not mistaken, the file /etc/services is what netstat uses to translate
port numbers into names.

--
It is often the case that the man who can't tell a lie thinks he is the best
judge of one.

1. I am looking for a simple answer - CompTIA, LPI or Red Hat Certification?

I have industry experience and a couple of certs under my belt for
non-Linux os's.  I agree with every techie, or should I say
knowledgeable techie, certs don't mean anything... Except to an
employer!!  So, should I take CompTIA Linux+, LPI (Linux Professional
Institute) or the Red Hat Certification (RHCT then RHCE)?  I live in
Canada and the availability for the Red Hat certs are limited but not
impossible...  What do you Think?

2. Intel CL54342 & Xf2.0? Pentium

3. Am I inside - an answer.c

4. HEY IM A TROLL